Typical companies have very typical lists of values buried on their website claiming they will treat customers well. Check the box. Since we do not buy in to the standard formulas, we take a different approach. First, what about how we treat each other within the company? There are certain characteristics we unequivocally insist on in our employees.
Pledge of Employees to Each Other
- I believe trust is tantamount and I will be trustworthy to others in 1st Edge. I can be trusted to conduct my duties capably and completely because others rely on me to do my part. I will not betray my coworkers in word or action because we work best as a synergistic team. I can be trusted to represent myself and the company truthfully because it is the right thing to do. My discretion with sensitive company information can be trusted.
- I will be accountable for my own actions and results. I will stand by my word, keeping promises and commitments made to others. I will admit my mistakes, learn from them, make amends and then move on.
- I commit to participate in improving the 1st Edge in any area my knowledge and experience can be beneficial. I will speak up with pertinent information and opinions when issues are debated and commit myself to decisions. Rather than be a sideline critic who disparages behind the scenes, I will be a positive force in improving 1st Edge. This includes, but not limited to, being brutally honest about problems and risks, rather than letting them fester.
In return, 1st Edge reciprocates with complementary commitments.
Pledge of 1st Edge to Employees
- First and foremost, 1st Edge will reward contributions employees make in improving and/or expanding the company. Since not all improvement is in the form of sales, all contributors to increasing revenue and lower costs will be considered.
- 1st Edge will support employees striving to improve themselves in return for the commitment to apply the improvement to the company. The forms of improvement will not be limited to formal education.
- 1st Edge will promote an open environment by sharing information with employees to the greatest extent possible. All information concerning the duties, roles and expected performance will be provided to each employee. All information concerning company objectives and performance will be available.
- 1st Edge will be timely and direct concerning employee performance, both positive and negative. No feedback is all positive.
Being trust-worthy, accountable and committed within our organization extends to our customers as well. We figure if we hire only the people who value these traits, they are going to be decent folks with our customers as well.